Multiple Instances

May 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM

how can i add multiple instances to the target list.

i have servers Server1\Instance1, Server1\Instance2, Server1\Instance3, Server1\Instance4

is there a way to add them

thanx

rubeel

May 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

nevermind, it is related to the 64bit version issue as it cannot see anything on the 64bit sql 2005, i dont think this issue was ever resolved as i am running sqlh2 on 32bit

May 29, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I have not had any issues with using SQLH2 on 32 bit system, pulling performance info from 64 bit servers...fyi.

I do have an issue with multiple instances (which are also on 64 bit SQL 2005 servers...fyi.)

Error I get when adding the named instance (64 bit) to H2PerfConfigFile.xml file:

---------------------

Invalid value 'FRIMPPRODSQL01\EUSAT1' for parameter 'machineName'. at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.set_MachineName(String value)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, String machineName)

at PerfService.Counter.Init() in F:\SQLH2\H2Perf\PerfService\Collector.cs:line 132

at PerfService.Counter.Collect(ResultRecord rr) in F:\SQLH2\H2Perf\PerfService\Collector.cs:line 168

at PerfService.Collector.Collect() in F:\SQLH2\H2Perf\PerfService\Collector.cs:line 336

----------------------------
Error I get when adding a named instance (32 bit) to H2PerfConfigFile.xml file:

Can't initialize counter USDURBACKUPS SQLSERVER:BUFFER MANAGER:PAGE READS/SEC:
Category does not exist.

[This server only has 1 SQL instance, which is named USDURBACKUPS\SQLEXPRESS...FYI]

----------
The bottom line is that if I add a named instance [full name] SERVERNAME\INSTANCENAME it works for 32 bit but not 64 bit servers.  If I keep it to just the SERVERNAME, it works for 64 bit servers but not for 32 bit servers...?

How can I resolve this conundrum?

May 29, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I am with the same problem, i couldnt solve it, it doesnt detect any instance where as it should , i wish i was great at programming then i can make some progress with the code. But i dont think you need to put isntance name, it should pick them up automatically using the machine name.

i am waiting to see if i hear back from admins of the site about this issue but this is a known issue.